Bible Timeline Events for June
June brings some interesting events on the Hebrew calendar, births, leprosy, and decrees!
As we start the hot summer months, let’s look and see what events took place in June. Get ready to mark your calendar!
June 7 – Sivan 15
- Judah: Jewish tradition recognizes this date as the birthday of Judah, son of Jacob. Judah was the fourth son born to Leah and Jacob and he lived to be 119 years old. Genesis 29:35
June 13 – Sivan 21
- Miriam was Leprous: On Sivan 21, 1312 BC, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses. Miriam was afflicted with a form of leprosy. Moses prayed for her and God healed her. Numbers 12:1-16
June 15 – Sivan 23
- Mordecai’s Decree: On Sivan 23, the Bible records that a decree written by Mordecai to counteract the decree written by Haman was issued throughout Persia. Mordecai’s decree gave the Jews permission to defend themselves against those who would try to steal from them or kill them. Esther 8:9
June 21 – Sivan 29
- The Twelve Spies: On Sivan 29, 1312 BC, Moses dispatched twelve men, one from each of the twelve tribes of Israel, to spy out the Promised Land. They were to bring back a report about the people, the land, and the cities. This spying mission lasted forty days. Numbers 13:1-25
June 23 – Tamuz 1
- New Moon/New Month: The month of Tamuz begins today. Tamuz is pronounced tah-MOOZ
June 25 – Tamuz 3
- The Sun Stood Still: On Tamuz 3, 1273 BC, the Lord caused the sun to stand still until Joshua and the army of Israel defeated the Amorites. Joshua 10:1-15