Old Testament Overview Early Elementary Bible Study for Kids
Teaching the Old Testament Overview and timeline to children is a big job and can feel overwhelming. Do I have the knowledge? Do I have a plan? Will the kids like it? If you have asked these questions, you are not alone! We believe every child can learn the Bible at their level, and we provide teachers an effective framework and method to teach them.
Let me share how it works! You will stick figure the Old Testament timeline, introducing your children to the major characters and event. With each following lesson, you will take your students on a journey into each of these stories. Periodic reviews ensure your students retain the information. Trust me, you will be amazed at what they retain!
By the end of this Bible study for kids, your students will be able to draw the Old Testament timeline independently, and recite 38 memory verses and tell you facts about each character or event.
This book includes the following four parts:
- Creation to Jacob ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
- Joseph to the Promised Land ~ 48 Daily Lessons or 14 Weekly Lessons
- Jordan River to the Temple ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
- The Prophets to Nehemiah ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
Timeline: Students are equipped to draw the timeline and show the first two of three symbols used for sharing the Gospel.
Extra Memory Work: Students additionally memorize the books of the Old Testament, 12 Sons of Jacob, and the Ten Commandments.
- Pray and Review Teacher Notes (before class)
- Review the Timeline and Memory Verses
- Read Scripture with Students
- Draw stick figures onto board
- Discuss passage
- Student draw stick figures into their books
- Lesson Review
- Lesson Memory Verse
With this Bible study for kids, you will have the framework and method to confidently teach the Old Testament Overview. Your students will enjoy these fun-to-learn lessons. Don’t wait, get started today!
Which is best for you? Books or eBooks?
Format: 3-Hole punched and ready for your notebook. The student book contains the timeline, lesson pages, room to draw stick figures, and lesson review questions. 314 pages.
Be sure to order both the Teacher Book and Student Books.