Old Testament Overview Bible Lessons for Youth Grades 7-8
Teaching the Old Testament Overview to youth is a big job and can feel overwhelming. Do I have the knowledge? Do I have a plan? Will the young teens like it? If you have asked these questions, you are not alone! We believe every child can learn the Bible at their level, and we provide teachers an effective framework and method to teach them.
Let me share how it works! You will stick figure the Old Testament timeline, introducing your children to the major characters and events. With each following Bible lesson, you will take your students on a journey into all of these stories. Periodic reviews ensure your students retain the information. Trust me, you will be amazed at what they retain!
By the end of this Bible study, your youth will be able to draw the Old Testament timeline independently, and recite 38 memory verses and tell you facts about each character or event.
This book includes the following four parts:
- Creation to Jacob ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
- Joseph to the Promised Land ~ 48 Daily Lessons or 14 Weekly Lessons
- Jordan River to the Temple ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
- The Prophets to Nehemiah ~ 45 Daily Lessons or 12 Weekly Lessons
- Basic Bible Geography: Students map biblical locations throughout this study to learn the cities, countries, and empires related to the people and events of the Old Testament.
- Bible Study Tools: Students practice using a Bible Dictionary, Concordance, and Topical Bible to give them the lifelong skills they need to study the Bible independently.
- Pray and Review Teacher Notes (before class)
- Review the Timeline and Memory Verses
- Read Scripture with Students
- Draw stick figures onto board
- Discuss passage
- Student draw stick figures into their books
- Lesson Review
- Lesson Memory Verse
With these Bible lessons for youth, you will have the framework and method to confidently teach the Old Testament Overview. Your students will enjoy these fun-to-learn Bible lessons. Don’t wait, get started today!
51 Weekly Lessons or 183 Daily Lessons
Student Books: contains the timeline, lesson pages with room to draw, maps, lesson review questions, Bible tools assignments, and memory verses. 242 pages.
Format: 3-Hole punched and ready for your notebook OR eBook (PDF) that you can print and is available upon completion of purchase.
Teacher Book: timeline and narrative, lesson notes, stick figure drawings, lesson pages, maps, memory verses, review questions and answers. 382 pages. Teaches Early Elementary, Elementary, and Middle School student levels.
Format: Softbound OR eBook (PDF) that you can print and is available upon completion of purchase.
What a short video on Which is best for you? Books or eBooks?
Which is best for you blog post? Books or eBooks
Be sure to order both the Teacher Book and Student Books.