Dates for Old Testament Events – Part 1
Dates for the Old Testament events are a trickly and highly debated topic when it comes to the Bible, and this is why we have not included them in our curriculum. However, we are often asked about dates. So, today, I am going to give you my personal notes on the Old Testament timeline dates I use when I teach a class.
I primarily use the book, Annals of World History by Bishop James Ussher for these dates. Dates can be added to our Old Testament Overview studies or our Timelines.
Old Testament Part 1 Dates
- Oct 22, 4004 BC – Creation
- October 27, 4004 BC – Adam and Eve
- Adam lived 930 years old
- November 1, 4004 BC – The Fall of Man
- Adam dies and 126 years later, Noah was born
- December 7, 2349 BC – Noah entered the ark
- December 18, 2348 BC – Noah left the ark
- 2242 BC – The languages were confused at the Tower of Babel
- 2 years after the death of Noah, Abraham was born
- 1996 BC – Abraham was born
- 1910 BC – Ishmael was born
- 1896 BC – Isaac was born and lived to be 180 years old
- 1871 BC – Abraham bound Isaac, God provided a ram
- 1836 BC – Jacob and Esau was born. Jacob lived to be 147 years old
- 1821 BC Abraham died at age 175 years old.
- 1759 BC – Jacob marries Leah and Rebekah at age 77
- 1758 BC – Reuben, son of Jacob and Leah was born
- 1739 BC – Benjamin, the last son of Jacob, was born
- 1635 BC – Joseph died and was initially buried in Egypt
This brings us to the end of the book of Genesis and the Grapevine Old Testament Part 1. If you like this and would like to see more Old Testament dates, please let us know at news@GrapevineStudies.com.